Thursday, September 28, 2017

Way to walk! Thursday September 28, 2017

Blair is doing really well today!  He was able to eat a cheeseburger for lunch and it was the 'best' per his description.  He had a hot roast beef sandwich for dinner and it did look fairly appetizing!

He was able to walk quite a ways (for someone who wasn't conscious a month ago and lost 25 pounds while recovering).  He went outside - and loved it!   I am thinking he'd be happy to live in a tent in my yard when he is done at the rehab!  Just kidding!  He has a bedroom!!  He is using a walker to stabilize - but getting stronger every day!

He will get his tracheotomy tube out tomorrow!  He is really excited about that.  They told him it may feel s little strange to eat - but he said he will have all day to get used to it!  ha ha.  He is eating everything.  I walked in this afternoon and he was eating a candy bar.  :)  Then I learned he ate half of his sister's snicker's bar...  He is so loved.

He is working so hard and I am so proud of him!  Keep the prayers coming!  God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know Blair but I know the Crawford family with 3 kids around his age at cv. I want u and him to know, I was texting them the first night until 3am when u fell asleep and watch and pray every day for Blair. I also saw prayers going thru our church (CACC). He has his friends and family but God has also called the body of believers to rally behind him. I have medicsl training and life experience in what his body is experiencing. And I stand with you that it's only the miraculous grace of God to witness him heeling. I'm already praying for what God is going to do with his life in the days and years ahead. Know there are so many you may never meet or know that are praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We (his aunt & uncle, brother, and cousins) also attend CACC (Vibrant). We are completely overwhelmed with the grace and favor of our Lord. I have prayed for miracles before and have never truly expected what I have seen in Blair's body. I can say that I pray with much more expectation of God's power than I ever have before - since this experience. We are grateful that God has put it on so many people's hearts to pray for Blair. He has amazing plans for him - and I am just blessed to be part of it! I can't wait for him to come home! Our family will never be the same!

      Delete

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...