Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hard times - October 21, 2017

Hard times ... Blair is a trooper ... I’m exhausted and emotionally wiped out. I’m very thankful he is so up-beat and tries to make the best of everything.

So Thursday we were told the school decided that Blair couldn’t attend the homecoming dance. They had 2 weeks to tell us that (as I clearly asked over 2 weeks ago) and waited until the last minute when I reminded them that he was coming. So we had a discussion that went through numerous emails with more and more administration being added to the email chain. The administration then asked for a letter from his doctor clearing him to attend.

I was considering calling the news stations to see who'd air a story about how the district was going to deny a disabled student access to their dance... but only if they didn't change their minds.

After the schools request Samantha got on the phone and had the doctor paged repeatedly - he’s the one who told us to e him if we needed ANYTHING.  So we did.  Ha ha.  So he wrote a letter clearing Blair to attend the dance with the understanding that I go along.  I didn’t go to any of my own homecoming dances ... but now I’m going to Blair’s.  (making up for lost time?  ha ha)

The school also FINALLY told me that Blair’s doctor must fill out their form for home-bound instruction to start. Then we must have a big meeting to be sure that’s what Blair needs.  Hmm. The teacher at the rehab was in contact with the head of special education the entire time Blair was in the rehab (so this could have been completed anytime in the last three weeks). But the school has their protocol which is more important than education.  Frustrating.  So at the end of the work day Friday I was  chasing down Dr. Hong, again, for another form to be filled out.

Saturday morning... I took yet another form to the school so they would sell me a ticket to homecoming. Thank God.  So Blair will be there!   YEAH!!

Friday evening Blair went to the football game with me in tow.  He was happy to see everyone!!  I only took a few pictures... so don't be offended if you are not in them!  I'll take many more tonight!  :)  And note - he only posed with females... we'll work on that tonight!  :)


         

   











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...