Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday - September 6, 2017


Today was a really good day for Blair.  He is able to communicate with those visiting him.  He was able to write things that he wanted to get across to those in the room.  The statements were short and the handwriting wasn't the best (small, sometimes too small to read, sometimes letters on top of each other, etc.) but he was able to eventually communicate if he was tired and wanted to sleep, or when he was trying to urinate (that isn't what he called it).  :)

I 'face-timed' his sister's and brother in Idaho (Alyssa, Sarah, and Aaron) and he tried to take my phone out of my hand.  I did let him hold it and it's clear he misses his phone!  :)

He was off his vent for an hour at a time - he has to have short periods (1 hour) to breathe completely on his own to increase his strength.  It does seem to take a lot of his energy.  The hope is to work hard and eventually replace the tracheotomy tube with a shorter one that he will be able to talk with.  (I don't quite know how that works to be honest... but I guess we will see when it happens).  But for now he continues to improve... that is what matters!!!

He does NOT know what happened in detail - please do not push any memories.  We don't want anyone to tell him that he fell down a cliff and has been out for nearly 2 weeks... that will come in time. For now, he was told he was in an accident and he has to work on getting better.  We'd appreciate it if everyone would focus on his recovery, and encourage him to remember how well he's doing!  

Isaiah 43:1-5a
"But now, this is what the Lord says - He who created you, (Blair), He who formed you (Blair), "do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior, I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.  Do not be afraid, for I am with you..."

He has certainly been with you Blair... no doubt in anyone's mind.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear things are progressing. He is fortunate to have such a supportive family to encourage him.
    I love that bible verse. I have it framed and read it often to remind me God is with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear things are progressing. He is fortunate to have such a supportive family to encourage him.
    I love that bible verse. I have it framed and read it often to remind me God is with me too.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...