Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Discharge planning! Tuesday October 3, 2017

Sorry everyone - I missed a day!

Today we were told that Blair is being discharged next Thursday - October 11, 2017.   He is going to ask the rehab to keep him until the 12th because he has appointments in Hershey on the 12th so it seemed to him that it'd be just as easy to stay there and go to his appointments and then come home.

He can't wait to get out!

That being said, he will have to keep taking it easy, and he won't want to...  ha ha.  Actually he has been following doctors order's quite well!  He will need to have rest and preferably less than 3-4 people visiting at a time.  It can get confusing when you have a bad headache and too many people are talking at once.  He is going to have someone with him all the time - not watching him - but keeping him company so that if he needs anything they can help him.  I have a few people willing to come over and hang out with him - so I think we are good - but I will take names and phone numbers just in case I find out I have missed any time!

We are working on figuring out what we need.  I am hoping the doctor will explain what services will be available in home and how many appointments he will have outside the home - soon - so I can make plans.  The team meets on Wednesday - so I am hoping they can tell me some things tomorrow.
For now - Blair keeps working on walking and balance.  The teacher at the rehab will contact the school to figure out the educational piece.  And Samantha and I try to navigate the world of health resources .. :)

I'll update tomorrow!  Please keep praying... this is an important step in Blair's journey - but he has a long way to go for his brain to completely heal.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...