Thursday, October 26, 2017

Hope and love... Thursday October 26, 2017

The older I get, the more I believe offering hope and love to anyone in distress is the best solution we can offer... granted my hope and love are Jesus alone...  but when other's don't recognize Jesus - they will recognize that you care, and that means something far deeper than words can express.

Today I took Blair to a doctor appointment.  I love the people at the office... they are fun and always put me in a good mood.  We signed in and I was filling out paperwork when a young lady came in and went to the window. She was wearing a black jean jacket with roses embroidered on it. When she was done talking to the receptionist Blair told her that she had a really cool jacket on (as he told me a few seconds before that he'd like a jacket like that).  She said thank you and told him where she bought it.  He said he hoped they had another one left... cause he wanted one.  She sat down a seat away from me and started sobbing.  Of course, I didn't know what was wrong, so I had to ask... she said she had anxiety and was panicking because she missed her appointment.  So, I spent a few minutes trying to get her to slow her breathing and focus on one minute at a time... got her some tissues... and tried to distract her by asking her about various things.  Blair talked to her too and told her everything would work out.  We left her there when we had to go back for his appointment... but who knew?  We were early just for her...  (and if you know me - I am NEVER early)   ha ha ha

We finished his appointment - and she was no longer in the waiting room.  I did ask where she had gone and no one knew... so Blair and I proceeded to go to my car.  As we were opening the doors to get in we heard someone yell 'wait' from behind us.  It was this young lady.  She gave Blair a hug and told him he made her day.  She thanked us for helping her and was clearly better than she was when she initially met us.. She hugged us again and was off.  I am so glad that we could put a smile on someone's face - albeit a fragile smile - her day was a little brighter for having met Blair and I at one of Blair's many appointments.

Love and hope... she needed someone to care enough to listen for a few minutes, and offer a light at the end of the tunnel... God only knows how long the tunnel is.... but there is always a light at the other end.  His name is Jesus.

Blair is getting baptized on November 5. 2017 at the 11:00 am service at McBIC.  Please come and join us as we celebrate what God has done for Blair - in healing his body and every aspect of who he is - it's a journey of a lifetime... and we are so proud of Blair. 

Jesus be our guide - always.  💗  may our hearts continue to grow in your hope and love  💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...