Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Another day another miracle - Wednesday September 13, 2017

I am sure you all get tired of me say I am watching a miracle... but I just can't believe my eyes some days... my heart is just overflowing with gratitude to God for the healing that He is bringing to Blair.

Today when I called the hospital for an update they told me he was moved to a new room.  He was moved to the 3rd floor.  His room number is 3166.  You take the South Elevators to get to it on the 3rd floor.

Blair is breathing on his own, although he still has the tracheotomy tube in place, and moisture is added.  The doctors will meet tomorrow morning to determine if / when they can remove the tube - or if they can put some kind of cap on it so that he can work on speaking.  The speech therapist completed an evaluation today to determine what steps to take next.  Blair does 'mouth' words but I can't read lips... so he ends up writing most things down.

The nurses explained that he was able to sit up in his chair again today twice and he continues to work really hard on his recovery.  He again was able to 'assist' the nurses as they transferred him from his bed to the chair (it takes two nurses to help him move from the bed to the chair but he is putting weight on his feet).

He shared this evening that his head still hurts (shocking - I know - if only he knew that it ought to hurt considering his fall!) and his vision is blurry.  He said he was afraid he was going blind.  He explained that his vision was not blurry previously but was today.  We assured him that his eyes were just tired and as his head heals, so will his vision.  The doctor's didn't tell us that ... but we don't want him worrying about anything.  I will talk to the doctor tomorrow morning about his vision and see what they say.  I did assure him we could get him contacts if he needed them!  :)

He gave us hugs tonight.  It's so nice to see him interacting with his brother, sister's, friends, and grandparents... I have missed his hugs.  :)   He even smiled for pictures to have this documented for himself.  I promised I wouldn't post... ha ha.   Love him to pieces.  <3  

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that Blair is healing and on his way to recovery! Please let him know that I am praying for him and think of him often.
    Jill Gieseler

    ReplyDelete

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...