Monday, September 11, 2017

Another day... Monday - September 11, 2017

Today Blair was able to tell me to change the song on his MP3 player when he didn't like one of songs (he repeatedly mouthed the words till I figured it out).  He was wearing gloves on his hands that resemble boxing gloves so he couldn't pull on the tubes that he has connected to him or his IV.  He shared by writing that his head hurts pretty bad. 

He "told" me (writing) that he'd rather be at home in pain than in the hospital. I told him he can't leave until some tubes come out ... he didn't like that answer and of course I got the finger. It's ok though. I know it's hard on him to lay there all this time hurting.  

He wrote that he thought he was already in rehab - I told him we are working on getting him able to go to a rehab.  He didn't believe me so the nurse came in and told him we still have some work to do before he can go to a rehab.  

Tonight they are leaving him off the ventilator all night. If that goes well then they will talk about what's next.  I'll find out tomorrow. 

Blair was pretty focused on urinating. I explained he had a catheter but he kept writing that he wanted to pee.  It is good that he is able to identify that he wants to use the bathroom ... he just needs to continue to heal so that his body will allow him to control those things.  

One day at a time.... slow and steady... I just keep trying to encourage him to keep trying.  It has to be hard to be laying there with only his pain to focus on.   The nurses are great - they are taking good care of him. 

Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of love, Cath! Tell Blair that even though we don't know him, we are prayin' for him! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...