Sunday, September 10, 2017

OK then... Sunday - September 10, 2017


So, today Blair had a lot of visitors... many friends.  Some of his friends asked him if he was ready to get out of the hospital... like they'd break him out or something.  ha ha.... He of course wrote YES!!! He definitely wants to get out of there!   Me, being the "rational one" pointed out that he needs to be able to breathe all day by himself in a chair... and he wrote down "Shut up Cathi".  

There is the boy I know and love!!!   :)

He continues to know that he hurt his head in an accident... he doesn't know what the accident was. Please don't tell him.... he will remember or learn about it later.... for now he needs to get rest and not worry.

He does write down some interesting things...  Today he told us that "this place is being robbed" repeatedly ... I am not sure if he thought they were taking his music away from him when he wanted it - or if he really thought they were taking his things home with them.  Regardless I assured him that he would have all his things when he is able to leave.  (He told me to take a shirt home that someone brought him so he could have it at home when he gets out.)  :)

He was able to sit this morning for four hours in the chair and continues to breathe on his own for three hours at a time.  I am praying they are able to change the tube to the smaller tube tomorrow so that he is able to cover it and talk to us!  Even if not tomorrow... maybe sometime later this week.  I'll keep everyone posted!!

Everything today was pretty much the same as yesterday, although he did really need to rest in-between visits.  It takes a lot of energy to write out conversations!

I am putting together pictures of this - and the daily reports - so that he will be able to look back and see all the people that were there for him and love him dearly.  So, I am asking that if you visit him and take any pictures - preferably of you with him - that you send them to me by text.  My number is 717-756-0413.  Please let me know your name - so I can title the picture with your name (and not someone else's) so that Blair can look at this in the future and know just how much God has blessed him with support and encouragement!

Thanks so much everyone!  Blair is a very blessed man!!  I don't know many people that have so many caring for them and praying for them.  God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday January 21, 2018

Tomorrow Blair goes back to school for a little over half a day! He really wants to be able to go for the whole day but the doctor told him ...